10 things on my mind…and now on yours.
1. I think I’ve got a new obsession – podcasts. I’ve known about podcasts for a while and I knew that they were kind of growing in popularity, but for whatever reason I pretty much ignored them until last weekend. Now, over the last few days I’ve been obsessively listening to podcasts by Marc Maron, Greg Fitzsimmons, and Patrick Melton among others. Highly recommended.
2. One of the reasons posting on this site has been slow lately is because apparently somebody hacked my site and was using it to infect people’s computers with malware (I have no idea what malware is, but I know it’s bad). Why? I have no idea, but it should be fixed now…in theory.
3. Five Things People Expect From A Funny Video. It’s a thing and I wrote it.
4. 10 Bizarre Toilet Paper Ads. It’s another thing, and I also wrote it.
5. “Being misunderstood is the fate of all true geniuses, right?” – Private Parts
6. Sarah Silverman told a bunch of great stories when she was on Howard Stern recently, but my favorite had to be one about her father who likes to spend his days in Florida sitting outside a Starbucks and heckling people who drive expensive cars. Apparently he says stuff like, “Oh nice car. The money you spent on it probably only could have fed a couple thousand needy people.” Sarah said that he’s been punched in the face three times already, “but he loves it.”
7. I know I’ve said it before, but I’m going to say it again. You need to go buy Kyle Kinane’s new album. Trust me.
8. “Big ideas are little ideas that no one killed too soon.” – from this incredible list of lessons learned from Seth Godin.
9. South Park’s Facebook episode had a lot of hilarious moments, but I think this one was my favorite.
10. Here’s some amazing Craigslist stats for you. The company made $122 million last year and $39 million of it came from the “adult services” section of its site. Even more amazing? That means the company makes $4 million for every employee it has on staff.