Happy birthday (anniversary?) to me! And by me, I mean my blog. And by my blog, I mean this thing you’re wondering why you’re reading right now.
Way back in December, I decided to launch this “official website for a guy with no need for an official website” and it’s been a fun three months sharing all the nonsense I find interesting with the world.
To celebrate, I’ve added a couple new things to the site. First, you can now subscribe to this blog if you want. Just click the icons at the top of the sidebar to subscribe by email, RSS, or to connect with me on Twitter or Facebook.
Second (and slightly more exciting), check out the Quick Hits mini-blog in the sidebar. I find a lot of stuff that I think is interesting but may not warrant a full post and I’ll start throwing those links and comments in the Quick Hits section. You can also subscribe to the Quick Hits section and get those posts by email or RSS by clicking the subscribe buttons above those posts.
Finally, here’s a few “highlights” from the first three months of this site. Think of it as a “State of the Site” address. Or something…
• 12,557 people have visited this site since it’s launch.
• I’ve posted 180 posts so far, which means I’m averaging about two posts a day (even though things have slowed down a bit lately – sorry about that).
• My most popular post was the Logorama video I posted.
• The average visitor to my site spends about 1:12 on the site and checks out 1.32 pages per visit.
• 17% of the visitors to my site have been here at least once before.
• The post that I’ve gotten into the most offline conversations about was my list of 35 Songs That Mean Something To Me On My 35th Birthday (people really seemed to be interested in that one for some reason).
• 71% of the traffic to this site comes from the United States. The rest comes from a mix of other countries with a whopping 9% coming from France and 8% coming from Canada. Viva la revolution!
• 125 people have come to this site after typing my named into Google’s search engine. Which leads to the question…why were 125 people looking for in Google over the last couple months?
• The strangest Google search term that led somebody to this site? That would be the person who came here after searching for “the sluts were being transported from a neglige.”
• My favorite search term that led somebody to this site? “Hilarious blog.” Yeah, that one feels good.
That’s all for now folks. Thanks to everybody that’s reading this site and hopefully I’ve got at least another three months of it in me.